home about bucket list lowri's wardrobe contact Image Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

top tanning products: reviews & tips



                                        



A fortnight ago, I went out for my birthday I wore my orange dress and decided to go bare legged for the evening but felt I need a bit more colour on my skin!

L'OREAL SUBLIME BRONZE -  I've had this product for a while, it has a 360 nozzle on it to create an even coverage. To be honest I wasn't impressed, as you can't see where you have sprayed previously. I applied it at the beginning of the week and didn't see much progress in the darkness of the colour. 

PALMERS GRADUAL TANNING MOISTURISER - This is another product I've had for a while, I love this product and is great if you want a gradual natural looking tan. But unfortunately for this outing a needed a dark tan and fast!

SOLAIT TINTED BRONZING FOAM - I began to fret by the Thursday as my legs weren't looking very dark and I knew my dress was going to drown the colour of me out. I was tempted to have a freak impulse buy on fake bake or st tropez, but after discussing and YouTube reviews with Tarnia I decided to try Superdrugs own Solait bronzing foam, it was only £6 what was there to loose? I love Solait, it was super easy to apply it leaves a mark so you can see where you have previously applied. It does have a really strong biscuity scent - this may explain why I attracted the attention of many strange people that evening - but for £6 you cannot go wrong with this. 

top tanning tips:
exfoliate before hand, using a scrub to remove any dirt focusing on the knees & ankles! remove all those dead skin cells and reveal revitalised ready to tan skin, tan applied to dry uneven skin will leave patches and result in you covering up not showing off those sexy pins!

moisture daily when you get out of the shower or before you get your beauty sleep, patchy dry skin won't respond well to a faux glow. But do remember to let it sink in fully before applying your tan. Pay extra attention to areas that can get dry and need extra moisture wrists, elbows, ankles, knees & feet

don't fake tan in the brand new top you bought, dig out some old loose fitting items that you don't mind getting dirty,
 take off those elasticated socks and avoid tight waistbands.

if you are brave enough to fake tan your face, dot a small amount of Vaseline along your brows and next to your hair line. This can prevent embarassing tide marks appearing in these areas.

Orange palms are a no no! apply tan using a tan mitt, or alternatively latex gloves and then gently apply to the back of the hands after body application using a cotton wool pad.

moisture daily when you get out of the shower or before you get your beauty sleep, patchy dry skin won't respond well to a faux glow.

being beautiful is time consuming, by creating a routine of gentle exfoliating and moisturising you can prolong the life of your faux glow.

1 comment:

  1. love this Lowri! I'm actually really tempted to try the Solait tan myself and my "st moriz" tan has actually started to stain my skin in places, slightly concerning so i think i'll be doing a 2nd review about that lol!

    Also i never thought to moisturise daily to keep my tan enhanced, good thinking! Great blog xxx

    ReplyDelete